Designed for professional developers
This certification is designed for professionals in roles such as Unity Developer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Mobile Application Developer, and Gameplay Programmer.
The Professional: Programmer certification exam tests the core skills needed to contribute to the technical execution of a project from conception through launch, and beyond. Highlight to employers that you are adept at coding solutions to tricky problems and demonstrate that you possess professional-level skills to script user interactions, integrate visual and audio assets, implement application state logic, simulate physics, debug code, and optimize performance.
- 2+ years of practical experience in game or 3D interactive programming using Unity
- 2+ years of practical experience in computer programming, including C#
- Experience in the full software development lifecycle, from concept through completion
- Understanding of professional applications for software development with Unity, including game development, interactive entertainment, and design visualization
- Basic understanding of the visual/3D asset and animation pipeline in Unity, including character and environment setups
- Understanding of professional team software development practices, including unit testing and version control
- Knowledge of Unity Services for collaboration, monetization, live operations and multiplayer
- Understanding of mathematics critical to 3D interactive development, including linear algebra and matrix operations
What’s on the exam?
You can expect to see questions across these topics:
- Programming core interactions
- Working in the art pipeline
- Developing application systems
- Programming for scene and environment design
- Optimization of performance and platforms
- Working in software development teams